Both Windows 8 and Internet Explorer were officially launched on October 26, 2012. The following information is applicable to the United States only and is based on information analyzed on gs.StatCounter.com.
Looking at the browser version level usage stats from stat counter, it was good to see that the browser is increasing at a very fast rate of approximately 50% increase every week.
- Microsoft also announced that Windows 7 will get IE10 preview on November 16.
- This move should ensure that growth rate should remain fairly high even when IE10 crosses 1% of market share.
- Currently at 0.23%, I personally expect it to cross 0.50% by the end of November (on StatCounter)
- Unfortunately IE6 seems stubbornly stuck at 0.16% for last 3-4 weeks.
On the operating system front, Windows 8 is growing at an equally health rate too!
- Growing at nearly 50% in the last 2 weeks, it will be too good to be true for Microsoft can sustain this type of growth over the next 2 months
- WIN 8 (0.64%) has just crossed Android (0.63%) usage on statcounter, but now has a tough challenge to cross IOS (4.84%) next
- It was strange to see that WINXP is still maintaining its position at around 15% for last several weeks.
- It seems that the operating system may cross 2% by the end of November